Wednesday, February 15, 2012

my birthday wish

"In life God uses the sum of our experiences to minister to other people. If anybody can speak the truth, it's a guy who's been where another person is going. Otherwise, it's just a guy giving advice. People who can draw from a well of experience tend to speak from a different place. In Psalm 42, King David is in the wilderness. He's speaking out of his own hurt and honesty, but he also knows that God can use this wilderness time to be glorified. He puts his soul on notice: Why am I so depressed? Why this turmoil within me? Put your hope in God, for I will still praise Him, my Savior and my God. (Ps. 42:5) David knows that his situation is temporary, so it's time to move on and give the glory to God. He knows that trials happen, but God is sovereign. He knows that as soon as he gets to worshipping, his mind will be off of the temporary and on the eternal. He knows this because he's been here before. When you're in the middle of a wilderness, remember that God ordains us to go through certain trials so that the validity of our testimony can speak into the lives of others. He uses our scars as beauty marks-badges of honor that can be used as roadmaps for others to further His Kingdom." 
David Nasser

Today marks another year of my life. While I want to celebrate because of the MANY blessings God has given me, I'm instead longing for the one I don't....to have our WHOLE family together. But this is temporary so today I will worship my God who is the maker of joy and contentment. In this, I'll turn my mind on things eternal and not my trouble in this world :)

I couldn't ask for a better gift today than to have everyone that reads this blog to be praying for our adoption and our family. This prayer is my birthday wish..."to "join together" sweet Levi with us, his adopted family. Give us the honor of raising this precious child in Your word and to model for him what being a Christ-follower looks like.  Use us to accomplish the story you wrote before creation and make one less orphan alone in this world. And I ask in this next year of my life for You to guide me in how to care for more of the fatherless. Not only grow that passion but give it vision; show me how to love a world that's broken, how to be your hands and feet, how you want to use me to see this world be changed...By the Power of Your Name. Amen"



Thankful for another birthday and an amazing family to share it with...

No comments:

Post a Comment