Thursday, February 23, 2012

kNOw More Orphans

"I would love to adopt but I just don't think we can afford it." 

"I wish I could help care for orphans but I don't know where to even begin."

"I don't think God has called me help orphans, but I'm glad you are passionate about it."

These are comments I hear ALL of the time! Since we've been so open about our adoption and have shared as much of the process as we can with anyone that wants to be a part of it, pretty much everyone I encounter knows our story and wants to talk about adoption (which is WONDERFUL). What I don't think people realize is all of the above comments have come out of my mouth at some point in my life :) In fact, they were thoughts I was still struggling with this time last year when we were really wrestling with the idea of our own adoption. 

What I want everyone to know is WE couldn't afford it...WE didn't have a clue where to begin...and God gave us the passion to adopt but he CALLED us ALL as followers of Christ to care for orphans :) I'm so thankful we felt that "nudge" to be obedient in adoption after hearing a wonderful teacher and leader in orphan care/adoption ministry. So I want to make sure all of our friends, supporters, encouragers and prayer warriors are aware of a great opportunity in Birmingham to hear several great leaders in adoption/orphan care ministry and learn more about the worldwide orphan crisis and ways we can help!

The conference is called kNOw More Orphans and it will feature speakers Russell Moore (the author of Adopted for Life, a MUST read) Rick Morton (co-author of Orphanology, also a MUST read), David Nasser (who needs no introduction :) ) and several others I'm not as familiar with but I'm sure will be blessed by. Worship will be led by Rush of Fools, Shaun Groves and a precious group called His Little Feet. It is on March 10th at Hunter Street Baptist Church and tickets are only $28 (and that includes lunch and a t-shirt). If you've ever wondered if you should adopt or wanted to get involved in helping orphans but don't know how or just have questions about what scripture teaches us about caring for the "fatherless"...I'm sure you'll find some answers here. This is a great ministry and I hope everyone that is able to support them will do so. The website to register is www.knowmoreorphans.org or watch the below video for more information. 

I hope to see you there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment