Monday, February 06, 2012

I need a favor....

"BUT WHEN HE ASKS, HE MUST BELIEVE AND NOT DOUBT, BECAUSE HE WHO DOUBTS IS LIKE A WAVE OF THE SEA, BLOWN AND TOSSED BY THE WIND. THAT MAN SHOULD NOT THINK HE WILL RECEIVE ANYTHING FROM THE LORD. HE IS A DOUBLE-MINDED MAN, UNSTABLE IN ALL HE DOES." JAMES 1:6-8

What a blessing it is that God puts us in the right place, exactly where we need to be when we need to be there. Not so coincidentally I am doing a bible study right now in the book of James. As I study my lessons I can't help but hear Beth Moore say in the intro video "you never know what life will bring in the course of a study." And my goodness did I ever think we'd be in this place right now? Absolutely not! How providential and sovereign is the God we serve...

I was reminded of the above verse today in an email from my friend Amanda. I have to admit this weekend was tough and if I'm honest with myself I have prayed with a spirit of defeat...of doubt. And if anything describes the way I've felt the past few days it's "like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind." But no more...I know God will bring Levi home to us. And I will be praying with expectance that this will happen. 

Many of you have asked what you can do or how can you help? The answer simply is nothing BUT PRAY! This is my favor. If you want to help us during this time of uncertainty please pray with us everyday at 11:17 am...or anytime in between:) I chose 11:17 because it happens to be the birthday of a sweet little boy we are quite fond of :) (wink, wink!) And if you want to go a step further, please comment below or message me somehow that you will be joining us in prayer each day until we have a court date. You have no idea how much this encourages me. Every time I hear "we are praying for ya'll" it takes the sting out just a little bit more. Here is what I'll be praying for....pray with me or however God leads you but please pray in belief on our behalf :)

1) For our family (Dustin, Amber, Carsyn, Sara Kate & Levi) for comfort, protection & peace. 
2) For a court date as soon as possible in March.
3) To have Levi HOME in Alabama not later than May 2012.
4) For the people in Russia-leadership (our judge specifically), citizens, orphans.

The very last verse of James 1 is the verse that is commonly used with regard to adoption but I think it 's an appropriate reminder of where our focus needs to remain...His glory!

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after the orphans and the widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27






Thankful today for so many people praying and encouraging us through this journey, but most thankful for my "other rock." I can't imagine walking through this with anyone else. You always know exactly what I need. I love you the most! :)

5 comments:

  1. Girl -You are so strong and Faithful. I question God everyday and thank him the very next minute. I will pray for you and your family and hope that one day I too can have that much faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Setting the alarm on my phone to go off daily at 11:17. I'm sure I will pray more often than just at 11:17. Praying with you, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I pray every time I see his pictures already plastered in my house. I just look into his precious eyes and pray soon, I will see that little rascal and tickle him and make him love his Motty....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber I pray for the day I am as strong as you are in your faith. You are a true inspiration to all of us that know you and your family. I Am praying for your family and for Levi to get a quick court date so that he can come home and be with his forever family and truly begin to grasp the love of the Polk household. Love you and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you guys. Kim D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just programmed my phone to go off every day at 11:17! Did you know Samuel was born at 11:17pm?!?! :) Good time! You are always in our prayers, but now we will be praying more specifically for the items you mentioned above. Remember... where two or more are gathered... and if we ask... He is FAITHFUL!!! Love you lots :)

    ReplyDelete