Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

February 15th is my birthday....and it's also the day we will make Levi an OFFICIAL Polk!!! We get to spend Valentines Day with our baby boy and then go to court on the 15th. We are so excited!!! After the week we've had, this was totally unexpected. I guess I just needed to be willing to humble myself and accept "the other way" and love a person I viewed "unlovable" before God would allow us to move further. Why do I always have to do things the hard way? :) Although...I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present! Please continue praying! This walk isn't over yet :) But we've definitely just made a HUGE leap forward! 

Yesterday in my moments of doubt, this precious pair of knit boots my sister sent Levi from Bosnia kept coming into my head. I've kept them in my kitchen since they arrived and every time I see them I pray for him. It is a sign of my faithfulness to go get my son! It was almost as though that image was God saying, "you can't stop walking to Levi until he is wearing his boots." I know this sounds silly but when I walked in the kitchen today and saw those little green and blue knits boots all I could do is say "Thank you God for your faithfulness" and, of course, cry :)



No comments:

Post a Comment