Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Faithful...

This morning I attended a "MoM's" brunch. It was wonderful! Sweet ladies of all ages and stages of life, great food, worship, excellent speaker and best of all, free childcare :) It was two hours of mommy time and the blessing of a wonderful story, but I thought that was it! I had no idea just an hour later the testimony of the sweet mommy of five, and fellow adoption adventurer, would be ringing in my ears as we got more news from our agency. It always happens so I'm not sure why I'm still amazed when God brings something across my path- a person, song, story, scripture- that will soon resonate with me so strong in my own circumstance that I'm moved to tears of joy and thankfulness for that "word" to prepare me. 

So the news we received today is good but not great because we are still dealing with a great deal of uncertainty...our case was heard today before the judge. She asked for another document before we can go further. The agency and our social worker scrambled to "deal" with the situation. It will be reviewed again in the morning (their time). We are hopeful this will result in a date for court with no additional requirements. Of course, this could go another way. We could get bogged down in more paperwork and delay the process even further. It's all in the hands of this judge...or so was my initial thought. Is it ever REALLY all in a human's hands? Obviously not! It's in God's hands. I know this! It goes back to elementary school "He's got the whole world in HIs hands!" Remember? :) Or as I was reminded today at the brunch..."God is faithful" this is His character and it doesn't exclude my adoption:) It's not in a judge's hands, it's in our loving Father's hand's. 

The sweet lady that shared her story at the brunch this morning made a statement that I think will stay with me forever. She said "God didn't ask us to walk this journey to make us suffer, he chose this path for us to glorify Himself." When we first started this process our commitment was first and foremost to glorify God. He has definitely been glorified through this process but it wasn't always because I was faithful to give Him glory. He'll be glorified regardless of my flawed, selfish desires. He knows my heart wants my baby boy home with us right now BUT He also has a plan much bigger than my family and knows the best way for this adoption to be completed. With the testimony of another mommy that has walked this path fresh on my heart, my immediate reaction to our news this afternoon was "God you are faithful. If it means we wait a little longer, if it means hours more of paperwork and visits with our social worker and state government, I'll be humbled to be a part of the story you're writing for Your glory!" 

I'm begging you all for prayer :) In 'real-time' you will probably be reading this just before, during or just after our judge has reconsidered our case. Please pray specifically for favor and a court date very soon because we have even more documents that are approaching their expiration date. I have complete trust In God's plan but I also know He wants us to ask for "the desires of our heart." So tonight I'm praying my desire for this to be finished with no more issues and Levi to be home very soon is aligned with His desire for me...and if it's not then I pray God will change my desires in accordance with His will. I know He will hear our prayer army and I can not tell you how comforting it is to know so many are praying us through this time. I'm so thankful for you all!

Praising God for His faithfulness...no matter the outcome from the courts :)

"If we are faithless, He remains faithful- for He cannot deny Himself." 2 Timothy 2:13 



2 comments:

  1. Precisely where we are in prayer for our orders to get Ian to a cardiologist and surgery. I hear you sister and I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em...as we've gone through this process I've thought about ya'll often! Please know you are covered in prayer from Alabama:) And I can't tell you how many times I say "I wish Emily was here." You are always such an encourager and so wise! I hope you are being "loved on" during the challenges ya'll are facing. I miss you sweet friend! BIG HUGS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete